MossHydro - a unique mix of expertise at your service!
Already in 2008, Moss Hydro saw a potential need for better filter solutions in cleaning of ballast water and it was clear that shipboard constraints and the characteristics of ballast water called for innovative solutions
From 2005 to 2008, Moss Hydro travelled around the world with our team educating shipowners and yards about the Ballast Water Management Convention and the impact this would have for owners and yards in the years ahead. This activity helped Moss Hydro to build up a brand based on quality and reliability
During this early phase development, Moss Hydro never looked at it's own group as component experts, but rather as a team of specialists putting common sense and technology together.
The strategy was to use off-the-shelf filter solutions from the leading filter manufacturers.
Unfortunately, over time, it became clear that Ballast Water Treatment presented new challenges, which the excisting filter solutions could not solve.
With the unique experience gained over the years, MossHydro is now established. Moss Hydro are commited to meeting the challenges of Ballast Water Management – with a dedicated to BWTS - and it is revolutionzing the industry.
MossHydro has in-depth skills in naval architecture, engineering, vessel operation and maintenance, Ballast Water Treatment as well as filtration.
This broad competence results in competitive edge.
The world fleet represents a multitude of different vessel types. Space on board is at a premium. Regulatory deadlines are looming. Flexibility is vital.
Vendors of Ballast Water Treatment Systems face a range of challenges:
- Limited space on board, causing requirements for:
...design changes for newbuildings.
...reconstrucition and potential structural changes on existing ships.
- Project-specific tailoring - such as flange positioning and explosion-proof electrics.
- Communication with interface system.
- Low ballast water pump discharge pressure.
- Reliable self-cleaning performance.
Here you can read more about our expertise as we present some of our team:
Kristian Holmen, CEO - “Kristian Holmen comes from a career within electromechanical industry and automation where he has worked with...”
Kristian Holmen comes from a career within electromechanical industry and automation where he has worked with product- and business development. He holds a M. Sc. in Process Engineering (1990) and Technology Management (2005).
- 2014- CEO, Moss Hydro. Ballast Water Filter supply industry
- 2011-2013 Vice President Engineering - CTO, Assa Abloy Hospitality. Access Control Industry, hotels and cruise ships.
- 2009-2010 Associate Business Partner Considium Consulting Group AS. Management consulting.
- 2003-2008 Vice President R&D and Engineering. Tomra Systems ASA, Recycling and Collection Industry.
- 2003-2003 Key Account Manager, Product. Tomra Systems GmbH
- 1993-2003 Group and Project Manager R&D, Tomra Systems ASA
- 1991-1993 Chief Mechanical Engineer, Tomra Systems ASA
- 2008-present Owner of H-Invent AS. Level measurement systems for Condeep Crude Oil Storage Platforms, Onboard Weather Systems for Aeronautics – Prewarning of Icing and Lightning Strike
Kåre Johansen, Advisor - “Kåre Johansen has forty years’ experience in the marine industry holding various positions...”
SKåre Johansen has forty years’ experience in the marine industry holding various positions. He started his career at Bergens Mekaniske Verksteder. Then he went to Kvaerner Ships Equipment as sales engineer working globally. During this period he was stationed for a period in Japan. Kåre worked for Ocean Saver as COO. Before Kåre came to OceanSaver he was managing director for the last 17 years in Allweiler AS which is a part of US group Colfax Inc.
Aage Bjørn Andersen, Advisor - "Mr Andersen holds an MSc in Naval Architecture. He has more than 25 years’ experience..."
Mr Andersen holds an MSc in Naval Architecture. He has more than 25 years’ experience from leading R&D roles with major players from the oil & gas sector and from shipping. He is a founder and entrepreneur who has been engaged in the area of Ballast Water Management since 1996. Mr Andersen was a representative of the Norwegian Delegation to IMO and had an active role in the development of the International BWM Convention, including its Guidelines.
- 2007-2012 OceanSaver AS (merged with MetaFil AS), Senior Vice President-Product Development
- 2005–present Mentum AS, CEO and founder, Product Development
- 2004–2007 MetaFil AS, CEO and Co-founder
- 1997–2004 DNV Environmental Solutions, Principal Consultant
- 1995–1997 Norwegian Maritime Directorate, Programme Director (NOxRED Programme)
- 1991–1994 Norwegian Clean Seas (NOFO), Director – Research and Development
- 1986–1990 Norwegian Coastal Directorate, Principal Naval Architect
- 1986–1987 MSc Naval Architecture, University of Newcastle upon Tyne